Ecopure® RTO Air Pollution Control Systems are based on a highly efficient thermal process, which is used to purify exhaust air containing solvents and unpleasant odors. They can achieve a purification level of over 99.8%. The key features of Ecopure® RTO systems are their high thermal efficiency, low-maintenance design, and low operating expenditure.
- Standardized module for flexible production quantities
- High thermal efficiency
- High purification level of over 99.8%
- Low energy consumption
- Can be combined with a catalyst for use as a regenerative catalytic oxidizer (Ecopure® RCO)
- Corrosion-resistant version available where acids or alkalis are found in the process flow
- Durable design with no maintenance required
- Metal thermal oxidizer valve set with no seals that need replacing
- Self-cleaning valve disk, ideal where the process flow contains tar or condensate
First of all, the exhaust air to be treated flows through the hot thermal accumulator in the heat exchanger from the bottom to the top, where it almost reaches the combustion chamber temperature. A large proportion of the hydrocarbons are oxidized at this stage. In the combustion chamber of the Ecopure® RTO, the exhaust air is heated to the reaction temperature of 800°C which is required for complete conversion. If necessary, a burner is used for this purpose. This allows the pollutants to be fully converted into harmless substances. The clean, hot gas then flows through another part of the thermal accumulator from the top to the bottom, where the heat is extracted from it. After this, the clean air is discharged from the system.
Ecopure® RTO systems supplied by Dürr use less primary energy than conventional air pollution control systems, because they have a regenerative heat exchanger consisting of a ceramic thermal accumulator. A highly efficient process uses the energy in the hot exhaust gases to pre-heat the exhaust air that is being treated.
As a result of its high internal heat recovery rate, where the concentration of pollutants is above approximately 1.5 g/Nm3, the system operates in autothermal mode. This means that the energy in the pollutants is sufficient to run the system without additional fuel (for example natural gas).
A range of optional additional equipment is available for Ecopure® RTO Air Pollution Control Systems, which makes them the ideal solution for almost all sectors of industry.They can be found in the chemical, pharmaceutical, printing, coating, and food industries.
Other sectors where they can be used include:
- Carbon fiber
- Fire testing facilities
- Painting and surface treatment
- Rubber and latex
Ecopure® RTO regenerative thermal oxidizers are a particularly suitable and cost-effective solution for removing:
- Organic pollutants
- Flammable substances
- Pollutants with a solvent content
- Substances with an unpleasant odor
They can process exhaust air volume flows of more than 2000 Nm3/h and pollutant concentrations of up to approximately 10 g/Nm3.
Ecopure® RTO Air Pollution Control Systems can be made of a variable number of tanks, depending on the level of air purification required and the size of the volume flows. The exhaust gases flow through alternate tanks containing ceramic thermal accumulators. The exhaust air is pre-heated in the hot thermal accumulators, which keeps the amount of natural gas used to oxidize the air to a minimum.
A range of optional equipment is available that allows these systems to be used in almost all industrial sectors. This includes:
- Hot-gas bypass for use in over-autothermal mode
- Special materials (for example stainless steel alloy) or special coatings for corrosive media
- Bake-out function for removing deposits from regenerative heat exchangers
- Exhaust air pre-heating to reduce the relative humidity in the exhaust air inlet
- Lower explosion limit control system which adds controlled amounts of fresh air to exhaust air with high concentrations of pollutants
- Can be combined with flue gas treatment equipment to remove acidic components of flue gases, for example
A "lean-line" concept has been specially developed on the basis of the Ecopure® RTO for companies processing low volumes of exhaust air. The result is the compact Ecopure® CTO system, which is designed for smaller exhaust air volume flows and keeps capital and operating expenditure to a minimum. The system is supplied ex factory fully installed on a base frame and ready for connection. This makes it possible to set the system up on location in less than half a day.
Another version of the Ecopure® RTO is the Ecopure® RL, which is fitted with a special rotary valve. It also has a robust, compact design and comes with the latest process equipment. It is ideal for applications where available space is limited. A wide range of optional extras allows it to be used in almost any industry. It comes as standard with the latest burner control systems and a patented rotor system.